Excellence in Criminal and Civil Legal Representation
The attorneys of Garland, Samuel & Loeb in Atlanta are renowned for their skill in both criminal defense and civil representation. This dual expertise endows GSL with a depth and breadth of advocacy skills unmarked by other law firms. Our reputation is built on decades in the pursuit of one goal: obtaining justice for every client who walks through our doors..
The Garland legacy of fearless and effective courtroom litigation focuses on criminal defense, personal injury and business disputes in state and federal courts. Garland, Samuel & Loeb has nine attorneys, including three partners: Edward Garland, Donald Samuel and Robin Loeb.
Our law firm has successfully handled many highly publicized cases, as well as cases that are kept in strictest confidence.
On the criminal defense side, past clients have included:
- Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback
- T.I., the rap artist
- Ray Lewis, all-pro linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens
- Jamal Lewis, all-pro running back for the Baltimore Ravens
- Dany Heatley, all-star forward for the Atlanta Thrashers
- Jim Williams, protagonist in the nonfiction book, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"
In civil cases of serious injury and business disputes, we are not at liberty to disclose the details for many cases, but suffice it to say that our firm has negotiated many multimillion-dollar settlements, including one case for $9 million and another for $5.2 million. More importantly, we have helped innumerable clients resolve their difficulties, recover damages and rebuild their lives.
A Long Legacy of Legal Defenders
From the 1920s to the 1960s, the firm's founder, Reuben Garland, was the South's most successful and flamboyant trial lawyer. He was likely to appear in court in a sky-blue silk suit or a tuxedo with tails, twirling a walking stick, and these appearances were crowd-pleasing events. His cases were covered by magazines and newspapers in Atlanta and across America.
He enjoyed theatrical tactics, and he used them to disarm his opponents and delight juries. Reuben Garland held the record for the largest civil damages verdict in Georgia and was recognized as the premier criminal defense attorney in the southeastern United States.
The Legacy Goes Forward
The seventh generation of family lawyers is represented by John A. Garland, standing at left with his father, Edward T.M. Garland, and a portrait of his grandfather, Reuben A. Garland Sr.
John A. Garland (left), his father, Edward T.M. Garland (right), and Ed’s father, Reuben A. Garland Sr (portrait), represent the most recent three generations of a lineage of lawyers going back seven generations.
Why People Choose Garland, Samuel & Loeb, P.C.
For decades, Garland, Samuel & Loeb has pursued one goal: obtaining justice for every client. Our team of lawyers has a reputation for excellence that is widely recognized and respected in the legal community.
Here are just some of the reasons people choose our law firm to protect their interests:
- Don Samuel and Ed Garland have both been inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, the premier association of trial lawyers in the country. No other law firm in Georgia with a specialty in criminal practice has two members in the college.
- Ed Garland has been listed in every edition of The Best Lawyers in America since the publication began in 1984, and Don Samuel has been listed annually since 1991.
- Don Samuel is the author of three law books: "The Eleventh Circuit Criminal Law Handbook," "The Georgia Criminal Law Case Finder" and "The Federal Criminal Law Digest."
- Ed Garland, Don Samuel, Robin Loeb and John Garland were all selected for inclusion in the 2012 edition of Georgia Trend magazine's Legal Elite, which is Georgia Trend magazine's annual listing of Georgia's top attorneys.
- Ed and Don are two of only seven criminal defense attorneys to be selected for inclusion in the Top 100 list in Georgia Super Lawyers. Ed is also the only criminal defense lawyer to be included in the Top 10 list in Georgia Super Lawyers.
- Robin Loeb is listed as one of Georgia's Top Rated Lawyers for 2012 in the area of personal injury, as published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Ed was recently featured on the cover of the Georgia Super Lawyers magazine with an accompanying article highlighting Ed's extraordinary skills as a trial lawyer, entitled "The Master Storyteller." Click here for video interview
- Ed and Don are listed in Best Lawyers in America. Ed has been honored every year since its inception in 1983. Don has been selected every year since 1991.
- Partners Ed Garland, Don Samuel and Robin Loeb have earned AV Preeminent ratings* through the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system and are included in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. AV Preeminent is the best available rating, which indicates the highest level of ethical conduct and legal ability.
- Ed and Don were listed among America's Most Honored Professionals in 2011, as recognized by the American Registry.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
To schedule a free initial consultation, call 404-975-0459 (toll free 877-650-0825) or contact us via email today.