LUKAS ALFEN (INTERN)
Lukas Alfen obtained his law degree from Emory University School of Law in 2019. At Emory, Lukas was named as a 2018 Justice John Paul Stevens Public Interest Fellow and graduated as a recipient of the University's Pro Bono Publico Medal. Before law school, Lukas graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Syracuse University and spent two years serving as a corps member with Teach for America in Memphis, Tennessee.
During his time in Memphis, Lukas developed a passion for advocacy work which led him to pursue multiple internships while studying at Emory University. As a student, Lukas gained experience interning with the Atlanta Legal Aid Society, the Georgia Justice Project, the Department of Justice, the Department of Education, and the Barton Child Law and Policy Center. In addition, Lukas first began his career at Garland, Samuel, & Loeb as a part-time law student in 2017.
Lukas plans to take the Georgia Bar exam in the summer of 2019. Upon his admission to the Georgia Bar, Lukas will be an associate with Garland, Samuel, & Loeb, P.C.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 05/2019
- Honors: Justice John Paul Stevens Public Interest Fellow, 2018
- Honors: University’s Pro Bono Publico Medal
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs,Syracuse, New York
- B.A. - 05/2014
- Honors: summa cum laude
Past Employment Positions
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Intern
- Georgia Justice Project, Intern
- Department of Justice, Intern
- Department of Education, Intern
- Barton Child Law and Policy Center, Intern
- Garland, Samuel, & Loeb, Part-time law student, 2017
Pro Bono Activities
- Teach for America in Memphis, Tennessee, Corps member
- Phi Beta Kappa