The Best Attorney to Trust Upon

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  6.  » If You Are Injured in a Work-Related Car Accident

Were You Injured in a Work-Related Car Accident?

If you were injured in a work-related car accident, you may have options beyond workers’ compensation. At Garland, Samuel & Loeb in Atlanta, we offer a free case evaluation to determine if you have the right to seek additional compensation through our civil justice system.

Our lawyers are known throughout Georgia and the nation for the results we have obtained in negotiations and at trial. Call 404-975-0459 to talk to a lawyer.

What Benefits Can I Receive Through Georgia Workers’ Comp?

Workers’ compensation provides free medical care and wage loss benefits if you are injured in a work-related accident, regardless of who was at fault. A car accident may be considered work-related if you were driving to visit a customer, delivering products or services, or driving in furtherance of your job duties. Commuting to and from work would not be considered job-related.

Workers’ compensation benefits are limited. For example, you can only recover up to two-thirds of lost wages, up to a certain amount. You cannot recover compensation for pain and suffering.

What Compensation Can I Obtain Though Our Civil Justice System?

If the accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, a defective road condition or a defect in your vehicle, our attorneys can file a personal injury suit against the negligent party. Unlike workers’ compensation, your recovery under our civil justice system is not limited.

While you can’t collect twice for the same loss, you can seek compensation for all losses not covered by workers’ compensation.

Learn More About What to Do if You Are Injured in a Job-Related Accident

To discuss your on-the-job car accident with a lawyer at our firm, call 404-975-0459, toll free at 877-650-0825, or contact us via email. We charge no fees unless we are successful in recovering money for you.